Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

P.S.-double tap is not hard.
    How do you tap ranger trap and insta kb ?

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The only KB that is OP is the chargeKB because it ignores immunity.
    I have a hard time believing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacerdo View Post
    How do you tap ranger trap and insta kb ?
    You don't, there should not be a counter to every move. Why are you letting a ranger that close, and why are you running through his traps when you can see he placed one through the animation of his hand going up...or following him in a straight line knowing he's placing traps?

Seems like your fckign up, not the ranger CC.
    Doomsayer 2008

Also, not every move should have a counter. Part of the fun is avoiding those times, because when it happens you screwed up.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    I have a hard time believing this.
    Yep an other hyborian legend.

@Sacerdo: And rangers KB isn't actually instant. It takes 1sec to trigger. And, like the demo KB it's quite predictable (okay maybe not as predictable as the demo one). Anticipate.
    Last edited by Vehl; 5th March 2013 at 16:54.

There is a penalty for doubletapping while kb? lol... actually, this is no intended mechanic, its a bug. There is no penalty. its like comboskipping. maybe it takes some skill, but it is still a bug and therefore exploiting when using it. atm there is NO intended mechanic in this game to avoid kb through movement. only some skills like perfect balance avoid kb.

The engine just cant stop the doubletap animation to play the knockback animation thus it seems to stuck for a while.

Wow, I hope they don't "fix" that one, Zatochi. And yeah, as Suctum said, you can see the ranger's hand go up and, if you can react quickly enough, double-tap the trap. It's tricky, but not impossible.

well they should replace it with a working and intended mechanic... but this doesnt change the fact, that the actual doubletap mechanics is a bug and not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    There is a penalty for doubletapping while kb? lol... actually, this is no intended mechanic, its a bug. There is no penalty. its like comboskipping. maybe it takes some skill, but it is still a bug and therefore exploiting when using it. atm there is NO intended mechanic in this game to avoid kb through movement. only some skills like perfect balance avoid kb.

The engine just cant stop the doubletap animation to play the knockback animation thus it seems to stuck for a while.
    This.

But hey, it could be made into a mechanic, why not ? But then I guess avoiding a kb by doubletapping wouldn't give you the kb-immunity buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    well they should replace it with a working and intended mechanic... but this doesnt change the fact, that the actual doubletap mechanics is a bug and not intended.
    It works, though. I'd just call it a mechanic and leave it at that. It's a great skill-based counter to knockbacks.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast