Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Ye casters (or rogues and healers for that matter) are strong in the right hands, on the other hand soldiers tend to be strong in any hand (though the bad ones aren't going to get tons of kills) and no matter what they are ridiculously forgiving classes. Making a mistake on any other class has a much bigger impact than on a soldier.

Overall class balance is probably better than it ever was in AoC though.
    You have abilities like Mystic Suspresion and Quell which boost magic resist for a small time, why not have abilities that boost armor rating as well in the same fashion. I would not mind something like that being added to priests as a group buff. Since mitigation scales for soldiers it would do almost nothing for them but would help the other 9 classes.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You have abilities like Mystic Suspresion and Quell which boost magic resist for a small time, why not have abilities that boost armor rating as well in the same fashion. I would not mind something like that being added to priests as a group buff. Since mitigation scales for soldiers it would do almost nothing for them but would help the other 9 classes.
    Pretty good idea.
    10seconds duration (with AAs)
    60 second cooldown.

Yeah that sounds okay (although remember that it would boost soldiers greatly in frenzy, but in def stance it definitely won't have any impact on them).
    Last edited by kalston; 2nd April 2013 at 07:53.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Yeah that sounds okay (although remember that it would boost soldiers greatly in frenzy, but in def stance it definitely won't have any impact on them).
    That's true but soldiers should be close to if not in negative mitigations with frenzy active.

If that's not the case they really need to look at the frenzy buff/debuff then.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    That's true but soldiers should be close to if not in negative mitigations with frenzy active.

If that's not the case they really need to look at the frenzy buff/debuff then.
    It's not the case, and I don't think it'd solve the soldier problem anyway.

In my raid tank spec I have almost 30% mitigation in frenzy stance, to put that in perspective. My PVP spec is around 25% or thereabouts, and I don't even bother feating out Guarded Frenzy. Magic mitigation is a different story as I'm PVP 4 with minimal PVP gear (I melt instantly to casters).

Even if Frenzy stance were to be nerfed to the ground, I can do >1k DPS in defensive stance on a double bubble brute Conq and so there's really not a big concern about just burning enemies down in d-stance or in neutral. A really good crit even in defensive stance melts a squishy.

They should never have given an AA CC break to soldiers and their DPS is stupid compared to their mitigation in PVP.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718