Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Whaat why? I was not joking
    Well maybe not "blue" heal, but stronger than green heal
    Yeah, I know, I was just pretending that the bitching started and the devs already gave in. But I am aware that its there and has been for some time. And mind you, any heal a priest gives applies only 50% of that heal to themselves. Conqs don't have that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    And dont get me started on why there are AAs to protect against magic but not against melee.
    That grinds my gears too.

And dont get me started on why there are AAs to protect against magic but not against melee.
    There is an AA to protect against melee. The easiest AA of all: movement.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    There is an AA to protect against melee. The easiest AA of all: movement.
    movement is hard m8, you have to use both hands for that

If you're serious with this, you're also clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    If you're serious with this, you're also clueless.
    This is a really childish response. If you want o discuss, state your point, don't call people names.

Lets look at the AAs for a minute shall we? I see in the general AAs that any class can take the following that every player has taken: Fire ward, Electrical ward, Holy ward, Unholy ward, and Frost ward. When these are taken they are passive and give 450 protection towards any magic. I don't know a single player who doesn't have these.

Now, if we look at the others, lets try to find one that helps magic against melee. Empowered momentum? Nope and this is more a melee AA IMO. Immesurable Empowerment? Nope, does nothing toward protection. Field of war? Nope. Quick Steps? Nope, no protection here. And if you think this helps protect since one can run away, like I stated earlier, this is a CC thread, and most CCs prohibit movement. Precise Striked? Nope. Then we have resistances to CCs, no protection there.Expanded Sidestep? Nope, no protection there either.

Ok, lets look at the center feats. Here is an interesting one - Chormatic Warding, another feat that melee can use to protect against magic. Fortifying Empowerment? No protection here, and in fact I don't know anyone who uses this. Another 500 health when any melee toon can white hit a magic toon for that. And finally Elusive Nature? No protection there from melee.

Perhaps you didn't read what I wrote or are just emo over the topic. There are 6 general AAs that have one goal, offer increased protection against magic. You can see this when you look at your skills tab in pvp combat and see the numbers increase. It offers no help against melee in any way. At the same time, the other feats offer help for both magic and melee. Therefore they would be a wash. Whats the point of the health if it helps melee as well as magic, it evens the playing field. What we need to see is a melee protection only feat.
    Last edited by mrcorp; 28th March 2013 at 11:43.

If you want to equalize availability of protection and armor in AAs I guess you'll have to do the same in gear. Increase protection of pvpT3 gear to match the increase in armor, yes please !

Also, only one armor AA would be unfair. You'd still have to feat 6 different AA to buff your protection while you'd need only one for armor : UNFAIR I SAY !!

This has nothing to do with crowd controls, though
    Last edited by Ieronon; 28th March 2013 at 13:07.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

I'm not sure you can compare protection to armor. Magic damage is harder to dodge than physical damage (rangers excepted) and as Iero stated it's easier to raise your armor than your protection.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I'm not sure you can compare protection to armor. Magic damage is harder to dodge than physical damage (rangers excepted) and as Iero stated it's easier to raise your armor than your protection.
    How is it easier when the first 5 aas are protection. But this is getting way off topic. Back to CCs. Remove all CCs from melee please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    If you want to equalize availability of protection and armor in AAs I guess you'll have to do the same in gear. Increase protection of pvpT3 gear to match the increase in armor, yes please !

Also, only one armor AA would be unfair. You'd still have to feat 6 different AA to buff your protection while you'd need only one for armor : UNFAIR I SAY !!

This has nothing to do with crowd controls, though
    Because having 8000 - 12000 hp isn't enough? As for one as, at least give us that. Being knocked back and dead before getting up is pretty bad imo. But still off topic. Back to CCs please.