Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Double-taps should give 100% evade/immunity to the opposite direction you're double tapping to, tiny bit longer and different animations(rogues can roll over etc) and different cooldown times(no less than 10secs) for classes/archtypes. And loose the knock-back effect while evading a KB combo(when it's hit it's a knock down effect actually)

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    IMO:

1. only rogues, casters and priests should have a CC. Heavies already have the best armor, the most health, and incredible DPS. Getting CCed and killed before one gets up should not be possible by a heavy on a priest IMO.

2. Each class should get 1 CC except priests who really need to be free for healing (don't get me started on how healing should be revamped). It should represent the class it is the counter to. For example, sins should get silence because they should be going after priests. It should only be available every 60 seconds.

3. There should be a CC immunity for all CCs to end the chain that occurs today. Once you are cced, but any means, you should be left alone for at least 15 seconds to LoS or heal.

4. There should be no CC breaks outside of rogues. Just like Hide, I hate the fact every class is treated equal when classes aren't equal.

5. All CCs should not be equal. Priests and casters should get AOE CCs. Rogues should get single target. TO match their dps.

6. All CCs should be instant (.5 seconds or less)

My bigger issue that I see in PVP is this. I CC a demo, I can hurt him bad with in the time he becomes un-stunned. I CC a guard, I don't even scratch him in the same amount of time. Perhaps adjust the CC times to the class you are applying to. Perhaps speed up the anti CC for classes with less hit points if you want to be fair to all classes. Otherwise remove CC removals from heavies.

Personally, I hate CCs. But I know they are an important part of the game.

Also this opinion is 100% PVP perspective and 100% my opinion only.

I guess after reading this, I would just rewrite the game as follows:
    1. Increase healing, lower dps from priests.
    2. Reduce CCs and their impact to PVP
    3. Remove CCs from heavies and lower dps.

But now I am off topic.
    All classes should have access to some kind of CC, it gives roles to people in combat and neccesary to tactics.

The problem is that they equalized CC's and AntiCC's for all classes without taking into account what that class is capable of.

They never equalized gear when they started juicing it up. Tank gear should always be geared for surviabilty first. I'm not saying you should not be able to DPS at all if your a tank, but look at some of the stats on Tank gear vs. Barb gear. Some of it has extactly the same amount of DPS but with much higher constitution and armor.

They need to equalise gear before we can start complaining about CC's. If you were limited to a cap to how much DPS you could obtain because if your class (Tanks not being a DPS class) it would be interesting to what we would find OP in that scenerio.

I see a lot of sh!tty tanks just get by because of the surviabilty, I see an equal amount of slightly better barbs do nothing but add to the other teams kill count working 2x as hard. It doesn't make sense to me and it should not to anyone else...
    Last edited by Suctum; 25th March 2013 at 01:37.
    Doomsayer 2008

I would like to see some change to cc's.

My latency is 330 ms and even if I see a guardians Stagger combo coming I can NEVER doble backtap to avoid it.

I dont really know what can be done in this regard, but I it would be nice to be able to compete on a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by gduncan View Post

My latency is 330 ms and even if I see a guardians Stagger combo coming I can NEVER doble backtap to avoid it.

I dont really know what can be done in this regard, but I it would be nice to be able to compete on a level playing field.
    Well fix your latency. You can't really compete in pvp if you have that high latency while players in europe have between 40 and 120ms
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gduncan View Post

There is no solution to latency issues (if you can't have a lower latency that is, if you live far from all servers it can be the case, for example people in South Africa or New Zealand/Australia can't really do much about it)
    Because if you start tailoring the game for people with a high latency it will mean a slower and less skill based gameplay. Netcode could be better though, no doubt about it. But when your latency is as high as you say it's just a guessing game, you have to predict everything and can't really "react" to what's happening, you have to prepare everything in advance.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    All classes should have access to some kind of CC, it gives roles to people in combat and neccesary to tactics.
    See, here is where I disagree. I don't think CCs should define a class role. I think the class should. Why would a tank with triple hp of a priest need a CC? My tos has 2k hp base, go figure why he needs what I need?

Let me tell you why he wants it.

Priest = defense - Needs a CC for survivability.
    Tank = offense - Needs a CC to stun his target to kill it.

Tanks do not need anymore advantages. I am waiting for the thread to ask for tanks to have a healing ability.

Ill even throw you a bone. Give a tank a CC, but make it a 3 second cast with crazy ass animation. If the tank needs it for defense, he isn't playing it correctly so why not make it more of a question of "do I really want to cast this" versus "its an instant cast that will allow me to beat down my opponent before they get up" and is part of my rotation.

Tanks do not need anymore advantages. I am waiting for the thread to ask for tanks to have a healing ability.
    Don't worry, DTs and Conqs are already very good at healing themselves (and guards have a small self heal as well while below 50% hp).

But yes tanks are over the top anyway since they do have everything atm, ccs, damage, raw survivability (gear) etc.

The idea that classes in AoC shouldn't be like in your average MMO (ie. tanks and healers with almost no damage etc) is maybe nice in theory but in practice it's not really "working". I know that some people don't like the GW2 way (all classes can do everything) but atm AoC is an hybrid between that and the typical MMO - some classes can do everything, some can't. I don't think that's cool. It's cool to be able to dps with tanks for sure but we should have to sacrifice MUCH MORE survivability than that. Kinda the same thing for healers in pvp - the ability to have both imba heals and imba dps at the same time is not acceptable.

I mean soldier gear gives them the same damage as dps gear would while at the same time giving them billion times more survivability. So they have both the damage of dps classes while having the survivability of a tank class. Wtf? Who ever thought that was a smart thing to do in an originally PVP focused game?

Also, Khitai brought protection and CC removal to ALL classes, even though tanks already had plenty of protection before (with pvp gear) and rogues already had good CC removal tools. Again, FC showed their limited understanding of pvp by doing that. They brought useful things to classes that needed them but also brought the same things to classes that did not need them.

Now, I don't think class balance is THAT bad (I still do lots of pvp and enjoy it), but there is sooooooooo much to do that I'm not sure where to start. CCs? Maybe, but I find soldiers to be a much bigger problem atm. I'd love to see smoother double taps and stuff though.
    Last edited by kalston; 26th March 2013 at 13:38.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Conqs have blue heal + health regen

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Conqs have blue heal + health regen
    Its already started... LOL, j/k.

Then priests should be able to wear plate armor with no restrictions and have combos.

And dont get me started on why there are AAs to protect against magic but not against melee.

Its already started... LOL, j/k.

Then priests should be able to wear plate armor with no restrictions and have combos.

And dont get me started on why there are AAs to protect against magic but not against melee.
    Whaat why? I was not joking
    Well maybe not "blue" heal, but stronger than green heal