Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you still "have" to switch weapons to be effective?

Default Do you still "have" to switch weapons to be effective?

I remember when I last resub (around january 2012) and started a Conqueror. The talk was that to be the most effective you had to constantly switch between 2H and DW...

I wan to play a game, not work it...so I got bored quickly and simply got into 2H (my favorite type of weapons of all times) but realised the lack of tools and DPS when not switching weapons.

Is it still true? If so, what Soldier class would you recommend that doesn't need to weapon switch every other hits and still get great DPS and fun gameplay?

Dark Templar doesn't require weapon swapping.

You don't have to siwtch "all the time" but you lose a few significant options when not doing so, esp if you pvp.

Mostly you'll lose 1 debuff and 1 crowd control by not switching.

You can do OK without it but in any case it's nice to be aware of those good tools your other weapon set gives you.

Dark Templar does not require switching at all.

Yeah DT look cool too but I fear it'll take me 17 minutes to kill one mob lol...and no 2H or DW. But the leeching spells and other drak magic skills look really cool and fun.

I'll give it a try for sure but am I wring to think the DT is more on the tank side than the DPS one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hjollder View Post
    Yeah DT look cool too but I fear it'll take me 17 minutes to kill one mob lol...and no 2H or DW. But the leeching spells and other drak magic skills look really cool and fun.

I'll give it a try for sure but am I wring to think the DT is more on the tank side than the DPS one?
    It depends on how you spec and how you play. DTs can put out quite a bit of damage.

Conqs got a little love last year. Brute conqs can definitely put out a lot more dps than they used to.
    The main reason to switch weapons is for CC's and debuffs, but they're not incredibly important in PvE if you're tanking.

It's getting encouraging! But ill give the DT a shot, look pretty interesting to play. A sword&board that can dish out serious damage? I'm in!

VERY serious dmg! Over 1k in def stance with the right gear/perks/spec

Haha, DT sure doesn't lack damage A dps DT is one of the best pure dps you can get in this game (but absolute aggro magnet), and a good tank DT is actually still near the top of the parsers since they get their aggro and survivability from DPS.

I'm not sure why you find it so bothering so switch weapons, but Brute Conq is pretty ok atm even if you stay with your 2 handers.
    Last edited by kalston; 5th March 2013 at 16:59.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

If you want to be the best Brute Tank you can be you need to nearly keep blood bath 7 (dual weild combo) on cooldown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast