Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Builds Here

Me too, I forgot to mention that, sorry
    I just wondered if I should use it in avatar and in normal form ^^

You can try to use it only when you're in demon form, but you'll most likely lose some DPS because of it. I'd stick to the every other BtD rotation, whether you're in demon form or not.

Ok, I should not care about the -20% weapon dmg then
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Question of the day: should I use EOX whenever it's available ?
    Right now I use it only when in DE in order to avoid the debuff.

2nd question of the day: what is your dps on strawman ?
    I usualy reach 1360dps and I have no clue if it's good or not.
    My gear + blue crafted ring + blue necklace from Ai district (115 intel and 50ish Crit dmg rating iirc)
    That's pretty good dps for your gear I think. Also depends if you are debuffing or not, though. With half T4 gear, and crafted rings, T3 neck, and ai cloak plus T4 sword I do about 1550 or so without debuffs. With magic damage pot, crit and crit damage pots and debuffs it's over 1750 on 3 min straw (in Khemi so I don't splash another straw). How this translates to live dps all matters on the fight, so while straw is useful it's not everything. Also, AAs make a big difference. Pressing, Decisive, Red Shadows, Prince of Terror (situational), Will of the Sublime, the buff speed AAs, Transformation length, combo damage and DoT modifiers etc... all make a difference.

1360 dps is certainly better than many HoXes out there, though, so I wouldn't worry. Just continue to get your gear and work on your playstyle and the dps will go up. And the hate pieces are ok from T3, but you lose hit rating which hurts in T4. You're better off with Brittle Blade if you have them.

Ok, I should not care about the -20% weapon dmg then
    Thanks!
    It's like losing Butcher for a short time. Not that huge in the grand scheme of things.

May Xotli be with you dear Vernia!

I'll keep working on my baby hox! After playing conq for 4 years, HoX is a hell of a challenge

Edit: btw, here is the spec I use. Will try yours, definitely
    Last edited by MisterClean; 7th March 2013 at 21:18.

May Xotli be with you dear Vernia!

I'll keep working on my baby hox! After playing conq for 4 years, HoX is a hell of a challenge
    And also with you!

Yeah I came from DT to HoX and while I love tanking, it's hard to go back. Before you know it, all those "slow" combos will feel natural and you'll know the right combo to squeeze in for every situation. Half the challenge of the class is knowing the duration of your dps window, so once you get that down it won't seem as hard. You'll still hate that you have to work 2 or 3x harder than a caster to do the same dps, though. And I won't mention spellweaving

Still, nearly all HoX lovers I know love the rhythm of the class, and we hope Funcom doesn't mess that part up. *crosses fingers*

Tested same ranks of BtD and the DoTs DO stack. Also came across an awesome HoX with similar dps using a Hell Strikes rotation today, so Hell Strikes users come out of hiding please.

That's great news! Are you 100% sure ?

About the HS dps cycle, I had a friend, Tiomm, who was one of the best dps-ers in game. Unfortunately when I do what he told me to do, my dps is not so good (as you said, it must depend on perks/gear...), so I'll stick with pillars...even if it costs 6 feat points

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Hell Strikes is awesome, never really got higher numbers using pillars based rotation or spec. Whatever works for you, I have to lose all my utility (self res, thundering flames and stun) to get a build like teamvernias that gives me similar numbers and that's not the most productive thing, inferno curse instant is nice though.

And ya, Tiomm is a wrecking ball. He set me on the right path about a year ago
    Didn't really believe in it before, but other HoX was actually doing BtD, HS6, MSS6, BtD, HS6, MSS5 pretty much over and over again and parsing similar. It was nice because it wasn't canceling my Searing Hatred DoT, and was keeping MSS debuff up while I was keeping Inferno Curse up (in case casters were lazy on debuffs hehe). Very nice for 2 HoX raiding actually. Might be something to suggest for HoXen that want to coordinate.

Also, you get to first Flame Lash 10x faster, so early boss damage is greater. Sustained, my pillars rotation was slightly more dps, though.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast