Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Builds Here

so you want me to do another test, just say so next time :P

btw with higher magic dmg the spread of numbers gets bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    so you want me to do another test, just say so next time :P

btw with higher magic dmg the spread of numbers gets bigger
    It should, but with crazy crit values and general inconsistency (luv HoX like that) could be why he didn't see much difference. You would need to do a lot of testing to really min/max I suppose. Also, 125ish to 240ish with Ruhen's gear.... not much at all. Didn't someone on testlive figure out all the magic damage to ability coefficents?

Also at work right now so can't test.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Basic rotation is:

DE, Demon Maw, HFB, Spitfire, Inferno Curse, BtD, HFB+EoX+Burning Skulls before finisher, Pillars 2, HFB before finisher, Fire Lance, HFB before finisher, BtD, HFB before finisher, Inferno (should have 10x by now), HFB, unbuffed Flame Lash, Pillars 3, HFB and Avatar before finisher (so losing DE does not break a combo), then back to BtD etc...

That's more or less it. Make sure to keep Inferno up every time it's off cooldown since it should be at a 10x after each cooldown. Use Flame Lash as filler after inferno if nothing else is up or you want a quick burst at the end of a fight. Use EoX before every other BtD finisher, and pop Burning Skulls at the same time to keep 3x stack up (AoE damage reduces the stack usually). Also time Demonic Supplication before second DE (DE, Avatar, DS, DE, DE) so you can get the longest possible amount of time to stay transformed. Obviously keep up Demon Maw, Spitfire, and Inferno Curse off cooldown as well, and if Fire Lance is on cooldown in the basic rotation, use Hell Strikes 5 or Molten Steel Slash (if no debuffs on boss).

This always gets me more dps than basic Hell Strikes rotatation (maybe not Zodiac but I can't confirm that yet), and it is a bit more complex, but not overly complex or anything I find. Also spreading out Pillars combos this way get the full duration of the DoT.

I'll add more if I feel I've missed anything (at work and not at home computer to double check this stuff).

Once again, Knowledge of the Underworld instead of Butcher is just as viable, but I've seen more consistent (and often greater) dps with Butcher, so I'm sold on it. More than any of that, though, I like Pillars + SH over Hell Strikes for sure.
    I think I'm in love <3

About " HFB and Avatar before finisher (so losing DE does not break a combo)" ; I think that losing DE does not brake combos, only the animation. You can still see the castbar filling and the damage applied. (You should check though, because i'm a baby hox)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    I think I'm in love <3

About " HFB and Avatar before finisher (so losing DE does not break a combo)" ; I think that losing De does not brake a combo, just the animation. You can still see the castbar filling and the damage applied. (You should check though, because i'm a baby hox)
    Will double check this for sure again, but I swear it broke a flame lash on me once.

Will double check this for sure again, but I swear it broke a flame lash on me once.
    It doesn't break a combo. It happens to me all the time in PvP. I'll start a combo, the transformation will end and the animation looks like it cancels. But if you look at the timer bar, the animation is still continuing and the damage will finish after the timer bar has completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    It doesn't break a combo. It happens to me all the time in PvP. I'll start a combo, the transformation will end and the animation looks like it cancels. But if you look at the timer bar, the animation is still continuing and the damage will finish after the timer bar has completed.
    Does it break spell casts, though? I see the castbar finish of course, but I swear I didn't see flame lash damage after it one time.

Does it break spell casts, though? I see the castbar finish of course, but I swear I didn't see flame lash damage after it one time.
    I don't believe it does. But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I don't believe it does. But I could be wrong.
    I will give it a test tonight. Would be something good to know for sure and adjust rotations accordingly.

Question of the day: should I use EOX whenever it's available ?
    Right now I use it only when in DE in order to avoid the debuff.

2nd question of the day: what is your dps on strawman ?
    I usualy reach 1360dps and I have no clue if it's good or not.
    My gear + blue crafted ring + blue necklace from Ai district (115 intel and 50ish Crit dmg rating iirc)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Question of the day: should I use EOX whenever it's available ?
    Right now I use it only when in DE in order to avoid the debuff.

2nd question of the day: what is your dps on strawman ?
    I usualy reach 1360dps and I have no clue if it's good or not.
    My gear + blue crafted ring + blue necklace from Ai district (115 intel and 50ish Crit dmg rating iirc)
    As TeamVernia said, I generally use EoX right before the finisher of the second BtD. And follow it up with a Pillars.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast