Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Builds Here

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I still don't understand why people put more than one point into Spitfire...it doesn't increase it's DPS, just it's chance of igniting surrounding targets. And that just isn't useful at all in t4, since almost every fight other than Emperor is more or less a single target fight(including the golems on Emperor).

4 of those points are better spent elsewhere. And tbh, the only logical place to put them is in Xotli's Vengeance. Which stacks pretty quickly with 4 points.
    Because there is nothing else there to feat...but yeah I will try a build with Xotli's Vengeance. I haven't used it for a year but if I remember correctly the stacking was really slow. We'll see
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Because there is nothing else there to feat...but yeah I will try a build with Xotli's Vengeance. I haven't used it for a year but if I remember correctly the stacking was really slow. We'll see
    I can usually get between 2-3 stacks before HfB comes off cooldown. Of course part of this is luck, BUT even at 1 stack it's still a DPS increase over the 4 extra points in Spitfire, which do absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    Ok suppose I believe you what is your rotation?

Mine without the extreme cd reduction on pillars is usually BTD, last step of BTD gets boosted with Glorious exultation. than it´s either a boosted Pillars or Firelance (depending on the amount of mobs), Hellstrikes to get stacks of Flamelash, so that I can unleash inferno once I reach 9 or 10, ofc back to BTD once it is of CD... Also isn`t one point in Xotli's vengeance only like 17 magic damage?

If you can tell me a good rotation I would try this build here:

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v4_12b1...c2641be181bf44

Bear is mix of BB + the minus hat pieces from T3 (shoulders and wrists) + Warth of Xotli with a samll crit potion (could also use Trial or Harbinger but I will pull aggro in this case)
    Basic rotation is:

DE, Demon Maw, HFB, Spitfire, Inferno Curse, BtD, HFB+EoX+Burning Skulls before finisher, Pillars 2, HFB before finisher, Fire Lance, HFB before finisher, BtD, HFB before finisher, Inferno (should have 10x by now), HFB, unbuffed Flame Lash, Pillars 3, HFB and Avatar before finisher (so losing DE does not break a combo), then back to BtD etc...

That's more or less it. Make sure to keep Inferno up every time it's off cooldown since it should be at a 10x after each cooldown. Use Flame Lash as filler after inferno if nothing else is up or you want a quick burst at the end of a fight. Use EoX before every other BtD finisher, and pop Burning Skulls at the same time to keep 3x stack up (AoE damage reduces the stack usually). Also time Demonic Supplication before second DE (DE, Avatar, DS, DE, DE) so you can get the longest possible amount of time to stay transformed. Obviously keep up Demon Maw, Spitfire, and Inferno Curse off cooldown as well, and if Fire Lance is on cooldown in the basic rotation, use Hell Strikes 5 or Molten Steel Slash (if no debuffs on boss).

This always gets me more dps than basic Hell Strikes rotatation (maybe not Zodiac but I can't confirm that yet), and it is a bit more complex, but not overly complex or anything I find. Also spreading out Pillars combos this way gets you the full duration of the DoT.

I'll add more if I feel I've missed anything (at work and not at home computer to double check this stuff).

Once again, Knowledge of the Underworld instead of Butcher is just as viable, but I've seen more consistent (and often greater) dps with Butcher, so I'm sold on it. More than any of that, though, I like Pillars + SH over Hell Strikes for sure.
    Last edited by TeamVernia; 7th March 2013 at 18:27.

I still don't understand why people put more than one point into Spitfire...it doesn't increase it's DPS, just it's chance of igniting surrounding targets. And that just isn't useful at all in t4, since almost every fight other than Emperor is more or less a single target fight(including the golems on Emperor).

4 of those points are better spent elsewhere. And tbh, the only logical place to put them is in Xotli's Vengeance. Which stacks pretty quickly with 4 points.

you should check your numbers again, more points DO increase dmg of the spit fire dot and also the debuff effect which is a really nice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    you should check your numbers again, more points DO increase dmg of the spit fire dot and also the debuff effect which is a really nice thing.
    I just tested it around 25 times with each spec. All Spitfire hits, no matter how many points, hit for around 250 each on a strawman and crit for roughly 400.

I just tested it around 25 times with each spec. All Spitfire hits, no matter how many points, hit for around 250 each on a strawman and crit for roughly 400.
    ^^^^^
    5 Points in Spitfire only seems good for PvP.

and i just did (on TL) and had a noticable difference, for testing purposes without any clothing for raw number so only the feated points have impact it was around 25% more (110->140 if i remember correctly)

and i just did (on TL) and had a noticable difference, for testing purposes without any clothing for raw number so only the feated points have impact it was around 25% more (110->140 if i remember correctly)
    Maybe it scales poorly with gear?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Maybe it scales poorly with gear?
    i had no gear on... naked guy using spit fire with 1 point, later the same naked guy using spit fire with 5points, there cant be any difference unless they come from the skill itselve

i had no gear on... naked guy using spit fire with 1 point, later the same naked guy using spit fire with 5points, there cant be any difference unless they come from the skill itselve
    No, I'm saying maybe that's why Ruhen didn't see much difference. Spitfire is not much of your total damage, so 5 points to give 25% more damage is not great at all.
    Last edited by TeamVernia; 7th March 2013 at 17:33.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast