Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some PVE HOX build help

Default Need some PVE HOX build help

I read up on the stickies but had some questions still. I was originally going to just post the couple of builds I came up with and ask what was best but I have some general questions first.

Wrath of Xotli - Is it a must have? I see it unfeated in the Raid Guide build but in my recent parses, DE and AoX damage is pretty damn significant so I would think +50% dmg is necessary. Follow up question is would you rather have points in Wrath of Xotli or Knowledge of the Underworld?

Improved Burning Skull - Again I see a lot of specs skipping this but it really does an okay chunk of damage in parses. Where does this fall in your feat point heirarchy ... would you ever give up a point in Knowledge of the Underworld for it?

Spitfire - I see knowledgeable HoX saying more points DOES increase dmg of it and I see knowledgeable HoX saying more points DOES NOT increase dmg of it. So which is it?

By the way, these are the three specs I'm considering for K6/raid DPS assuming Wrath of Xotli and Improved Burning Skull are good and more points in Spitfire are bad.

Butcher Focused

Searing Hatred Focused

Butcher and Searing Hatred

Please keep in mind I have the T4 sword if that changes anyone's opinions on Butcher being more useful.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Best build hands down
    http://goo.gl/yIVVqu

Only debatable thing is the spitfire which doesn't do significant damage, but its an instant cast so doesn't hurt to have it maxed.

Xotli's Vengeance in my opinion a worse way to use points then spitfire.

Hoxes who say Impr. Burning skull is not worth it are plain bad.
    Most likely most of your rotation consists of Pillars so searing hatred will be better than butcher, if you include both in your build it works out, but you'll end up sacrificing plain magic damage which is ok if you're full T4 with over 1400 magic damage, otherwise stick to only searing hatred.

Wrath of Xotli is good, ever more so in AoE situations or magic susceptible bosses/mobs.

Anything I forgot?
    Last edited by artreborn; 30th August 2013 at 20:53.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Thanks art.... you da man. I tested spitfire some myself and couldn't find a difference in dmg with 1 vs 5 points but I'll take your word on it.

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

http://goo.gl/M0phj

This is the highest single target dps spec.

I parsed 1660 dps at Palace and 1450 dps at Vortex on my BB geared Hox.
    Last edited by Shax84; 30th August 2013 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    http://goo.gl/kOB9LB

This is the highest single target dps spec.

I parsed 1660 dps at Palace and 1450 dps at Vortex on my BB geared Hox.
    Always good to have multiple perspectives. While Vortex would be a bad place to test out DPS because of KBs and having to move for the teleport cloud, I look forward to trying to top your Palace DPS before trying out your build myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You could also use the 13-page thread about hox builds...

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180407
    Hmmm yeah ... not sure how I looked through multiple pages of every thread on the hox forums and missed that one. I was close to saying wtf is with no build discussions thread in my OP. Guess I'm blind.

Should you flame lash at x10 or inferno at x10, and just flame lash whenever your rotation dictates it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Should you flame lash at x10 or inferno at x10, and just flame lash whenever your rotation dictates it?
    IMO: Never flame lash, only Inferno. Exception: Magic vulnerable bosses.

It's possible to do 2k on a lot of different fights, and you need to break it down to see why Flame Lash is not very good. Flame Lash has a 2.5 second cast time, and (ignoring other DOTS), for it to justify itself on a 2k parse it would need to hit for an average of 5k. It simply doesn't.

Inferno hits at least as hard as Flame Lash over time but casts in 1 second. So 1 second to do say 4k damage or 2.5 seconds to do 4k damage. The winner is clearly Inferno, as you have an extra 1.5 seconds @ 2k DPS = 3000 damage better.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast