Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Builds Here

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    For PvE purposes never ever let go of dat Improved Burning Skull (parses around 3% from your damage, and thats just for 1 skill point; compare that to Hatred of the Living, which just adds 2% to HfB, which in turn parses only for around 20%-25%, effectivly leaving the one single point at 0.5% damage increase)!
    PoIF only shines with Searing Hatred (adding around 1000 dot damge to that combo), but sadly it doesnt stack. So u have to take your time between Pillars. I'd recommend using them right after ur BtD so the pillar combo itself as well as the dot will be "exultated", not sure but i think the SH dot scales with weapon damage just like the BtD dot.
    Nevertheless i'd recommend SH, but the dps difference between a HS- and a SH-oriented Build only is marginal, cuz the HS-spec has access to Knowledge of the Underworld and Butcher whereas the SH-spec only has access to one of those.

Imho the best build posted this far:

though one will defenitely need the stun for TA and General Sheng and moving only one point could suffice.
    All great info here. Corais is my new best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    My PvE Build:

Some will disagree since I don't include the 100 magic damage, but I see a bigger increase in dps from Butcher (it raises base dps for all combos along with an increase in BtD DoT because of the weapon damage % boost, thanks to Boesche for this one).
    That is what I thought as well than I realized that the DOT from BTD combo increased by exactly 7 points when I put three points into butcher. Whereas it was like 40ish? or something like that with 100 points in magic damage.

I like dots alot. Prob is the reduced CD on Pillars messes up my BTD rotation and that dot can simply not compare to BTD. Also the dot from Spitfire is remarkable strong as well.

Improved Burning skull is nice but can easily get you killed during aggro wipes (some fights in Tier 3 come to mind like the first and second one)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Crimson Shield is crap. Those 3 points are better spent elsewhere.
    Please explain why you feel this way so people new to the class can understand.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Crimson Shield is crap. Those 3 points are better spent elsewhere.
    Crimson shield adds a small amount of HP to the sorcerer. It doesn't provide any benefits to the rest of the group or the base dps of the sorcerer combined with the overall HP increase when the game went to 1.05 the small amount of HP gained is negligible at best given most mobs can hit you for 2 to 4K in Khitai with a crit so an extra 300 HP isn't going to achieve anything in that situation and you shouldn't be the one getting hit in groups and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Crimson shield adds a small amount of HP to the sorcerer. It doesn't provide any benefits to the rest of the group or the base dps of the sorcerer combined with the overall HP increase when the game went to 1.05 the small amount of HP gained is negligible at best given most mobs can hit you for 2 to 4K in Khitai with a crit so an extra 300 HP isn't going to achieve anything in that situation and you shouldn't be the one getting hit in groups and raids.
    Not to mention that the increase in health in PvP is completely negated by almost all classes white hits, including casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    The build in question is a PvP-build and Crimson Shield is used as a filler to reach Tome of Erlik.
    You can otherwise choose points in potection/armor instead of crimson shield, but these too do only contribute marginal to one's survival, so one can just as well go for Crimson Shield.
    That said you can spare one point in Crimson Blood and transfer it to the possession tree. Fury of Xotli for free HfBs would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    The build in question is a PvP-build and Crimson Shield is used as a filler to reach Tome of Erlik.
    You can otherwise choose points in potection/armor instead of crimson shield, but these too do only contribute marginal to one's survival, so one can just as well go for Crimson Shield.
    That said you can spare one point in Crimson Blood and transfer it to the possession tree. Fury of Xotli for free HfBs would be my choice.
    Also true, but to be honest, you'd almost be better off putting those points into Quickened Iron or Spiritual Armament. Both increase survivability by a larger margin than Crimson Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    That is what I thought as well than I realized that the DOT from BTD combo increased by exactly 7 points when I put three points into butcher. Whereas it was like 40ish? or something like that with 100 points in magic damage.

I like dots alot. Prob is the reduced CD on Pillars messes up my BTD rotation and that dot can simply not compare to BTD. Also the dot from Spitfire is remarkable strong as well.

Improved Burning skull is nice but can easily get you killed during aggro wipes (some fights in Tier 3 come to mind like the first and second one)
    Nearly every parse has been consistent since I've gone with Butcher and I get more dps. I also get to debuff quickly in case a fail ToS or Demo is in raid or group, so my dps has been much better since I've dumped the magic damage. Actually broke 1820 dps on a Palace with this build, and that's with half T4 gear (plus sword) and not using magic damage, crit rating, or crit damage pots. Never came close to that when spec'ing magic damage. Getting 5.5K+ Pillars crits too now. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I'm pretty much sold on Butcher now. Of course I still spec the magic damage in T3.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Nearly every parse has been consistent since I've gone with Butcher and I get more dps. I also get to debuff quickly in case a fail ToS or Demo is in raid or group, so my dps has been much better since I've dumped the magic damage. Actually broke 1820 dps on a Palace with this build, and that's with half T4 gear (plus sword) and not using magic damage, crit rating, or crit damage pots. Never came close to that when spec'ing magic damage. Getting 5.5K+ Pillars crits too now. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I'm pretty much sold on Butcher now. Of course I still spec the magic damage in T3.
    Ok suppose I believe you what is your rotation?

Mine without the extreme cd reduction on pillars is usually BTD, last step of BTD gets boosted with Glorious exultation. than it´s either a boosted Pillars or Firelance (depending on the amount of mobs), Hellstrikes to get stacks of Flamelash, so that I can unleash inferno once I reach 9 or 10, ofc back to BTD once it is of CD... Also isn`t one point in Xotli's vengeance only like 17 magic damage?

If you can tell me a good rotation I would try this build here:

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v4_12b1...c2641be181bf44

Bear is mix of BB + the minus hat pieces from T3 (shoulders and wrists) + Warth of Xotli with a samll crit potion (could also use Trial or Harbinger but I will pull aggro in this case)
    Last edited by Azanath1979; 7th March 2013 at 06:14.

I still don't understand why people put more than one point into Spitfire...it doesn't increase it's DPS, just it's chance of igniting surrounding targets. And that just isn't useful at all in t4, since almost every fight other than Emperor is more or less a single target fight(including the golems on Emperor).

4 of those points are better spent elsewhere. And tbh, the only logical place to put them is in Xotli's Vengeance. Which stacks pretty quickly with 4 points.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast