Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best class for duo leveling with HoX...

Default Best class for duo leveling with HoX...

I'm playing a HoX and loving it. Big flashy damage with fire and swords? Heck yes! My wife and I duo a lot, and I was wondering what class would be best for her to play? I was thinking Bear Shaman, but perhaps you folks have better ideas or personal knowledge.

ToS would be the best synergy imo. But pom or BS would work just fine aswell. Or a conq would be nice aswell i think. Or double HoX is great too !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Demo is also great. Basically any class that can debuff/AoE is a great duo for the HoX.

ToS is by far the best though. Tons of AoE and heals.

I would have say ranger because of all the CC he has and that hox don't, but that's probably because I'm awesome.

Two HoXes is the best choice, but you will need two tanks and a healer for groups for each dungeon you encounter.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Healer or AoE CC is best. I think another AoE DPS class is overkill -- you're going to have trouble finding enough targets to make it worth it (that don't insta-gib you) -- and a tank will spend most of their time trying to keep up. Ranged classes are also a bit of a pain sometimes because when you separate, the mobs start ping-ponging between you as you trade aggro. Two DPS is hard to get groups for.

So I think your first instinct was great: Bear Shaman. With the BS's heals running, you can both take your time to round up a big crowd. Then the bear CCs and heals and focuses stragglers/bosses, while the HoX burns the crowd down. No ping-pong because you're both melee. Plus, they're two of the more fun classes in the game; bummer if one person was having fun melting faces but the other was falling asleep over their Storm Chargewhatever button.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Yeah, my wife made the executive decision on BS, so once she's off Tortage, we'll see how it goes. I'll try to remember to come back and let folks know how the duo works out.

Two of the coolest classes in AOC. Should be a blast
    Stygian...the best!

So far, it's going amazingly. My wife keeps my health topped off, grabs a big pack of baddies, does her AoE stun and I just unleash hellfire breath on the masses. It's poetic, really. She's a little over eager, but so far we only died once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast