Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Merge all servers and create PvP instances

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    AoC without open-world PvP would be a huge disapointement. I doubt many cromlings would quest in PvP zones. I doubt many fury folks would either. Ambushed while questing ? Teleport in PvE zone instead of maning up, calling friends and kicking the gankers arse !

If such single server tech there is... forget current Fury pvp ruleset and take the B&G ruleset.
    Well if this were done there would need to be a bonus for going into the pvp instance to quest.

Maybe 25% bonus xp on quests in the pvp instance? Also a chance of players dropping campaign badges or something might be nice. I'm sure there are better ideas but you get what I mean.

As long as they give better rewards in the pvp instance I'm sure more would take the chance.

Or maybe if you load into the pvp instance you get flagged for 24 hours and can only go into pvp instances until the timer is up. That way you can't just tuck tail and run as soon as fighting starts to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    As a reminder, if you think there is a guide, a post or a screenshot or something similar that should still be available for further discussions also on these new forums, feel free to copy it over from the archives. Please be aware though that if such copied-over content is seen as unnecessary or is against the forum rules, we keep the right to remove them. Just like with any new post or thread started on the forums.

How exactly do you copy a whole thread over from the "Archives"?

There is a ton of valuable info going to waste with this new forum, for instance if I do a Google search for old compiled Crafting lists the hard work someone did to compile all that info is no longer available, class build advice, dungeon strats, all gone.
    This was a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Well if this were done there would need to be a bonus for going into the pvp instance to quest.

Maybe 25% bonus xp on quests in the pvp instance? Also a chance of players dropping campaign badges or something might be nice. I'm sure there are better ideas but you get what I mean.

As long as they give better rewards in the pvp instance I'm sure more would take the chance.

Or maybe if you load into the pvp instance you get flagged for 24 hours and can only go into pvp instances until the timer is up. That way you can't just tuck tail and run as soon as fighting starts to happen.
    The bonus xp is not a incentive. This is not a Korean mmo, there is plenty of stuff to do and xp to gain. You almost bound to out level content with current state of the game.
    Incentives in open world PvP are non needed, the only incentives should be things like looking for the fun, challenge, overcoming the odds, emergent gameplay, that odd zerg battle, guilds stuff like camping raid entrance, etc
    Last edited by strangerism; 6th March 2013 at 17:30.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    The bonus xp is not a incentive. This is not a Korean mmo, there is plenty of stuff to do and xp to gain. You almost bound to out level content with current state of the game.
    Incentives in open world PvP are non needed, the only incentives should be things like looking for the fun, challenge, overcoming the odds, emergent gameplay, that odd zerg battle, guilds stuff like camping raid entrance, etc
    It was just an example. As I said there are many better ideas out there.

There needs to be an incentive for players to go into the pvp instances to pvp. I myself don't need it. Back in the day I only ever done world pvp and never ran minis. I just loved to go and fight other players.

Though as I'm sure you know, there isn't enough players like me and you to have enough players in these instances to fight. Most of these players left want progression or some reason to do it. So unfortunately something will have to be added.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

I think having bonus XP in the "PVP instance" is a great idea.

Players would have the choice of "PVE", "PVE Epic" or "PVP" when loading into any zone of the game; PVE would offer all pve experiences with open-world pvp shut off, PVE epic would offer the same as it offers now, and PVP would offer full open-world, guardless PVP to all players in the instance, as well as bonus pve exp to give pve'ers and incentive to man-up.

I think that a system similar to that would work the best, either that or something along the lines of the "Mega-server" technology mentioned previously in this thread. Having separate servers like AOC currently has is just becoming an out-dated, obsolete way of doing things, and the population is clearly feeling it.

What are you talking about bonus xp? You will already get xp = pvp xp that's not available to you in pve.

Most already made their choice and moved to Set server in the US, so all would probably just bask in the pve side unless they were able to do a large zerg force. I just think it is a mistake through and through.

Many only like pve. The people that pvp...well they are probably playing other games right now, or were forced to move to set to play mini games or raid for t4 gear...so they can play mini games.

I really don't know what the solution is besides having cross server mini games. If we could do this EU and US that would be even better, and even out the age of tanks that Set is.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    What are you talking about bonus xp? You will already get xp = pvp xp that's not available to you in pve.

Most already made their choice and moved to Set server in the US, so all would probably just bask in the pve side unless they were able to do a large zerg force. I just think it is a mistake through and through.

Many only like pve. The people that pvp...well they are probably playing other games right now, or were forced to move to set to play mini games or raid for t4 gear...so they can play mini games.

I really don't know what the solution is besides having cross server mini games. If we could do this EU and US that would be even better, and even out the age of tanks that Set is.
    The point of the bonus pve exp in the "PVP instance" is to provide more incentives for pve players to experience and enjoy pvp - if there is added pve incentive, then it would make more sense for them to take the risk and play in the PVP istance, thus increasing world pvp and the amount of players experiencing pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post

I said bonus XP as an example. I'm just saying we need an incentive for the pve players to do some world pvp. Hell I'm sure many would like it and just never tried it.

There isnt enough pvp only players left in the game so having one server with pvp instances would give more chances at world pvp.

As far as cross server mini games. yeah thats all fine and dandy but I'm sick of doing mini games. We need world pvp! I don't have any issues getting into a mini game.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Yewcantcme View Post
    The point of the bonus pve exp in the "PVP instance" is to provide more incentives for pve players to experience and enjoy pvp - if there is added pve incentive, then it would make more sense for them to take the risk and play in the PVP istance, thus increasing world pvp and the amount of players experiencing pvp.
    Which is also why there needs to be some kind of flag that forces you to only go into pvp instance once you decide to try it.

It should have a decent timer. Like a min of a few hours or something. That way you won't have players leave to the pve intance as soon as they start getting attacked.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

As far as cross server mini games. yeah thats all fine and dandy but I'm sick of doing mini games. We need world pvp! I don't have any issues getting into a mini game.

^^^^^^ Yep. I try to make this happen on Tyranny. I think most ./ignore me lol.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast