Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Merge all servers and create PvP instances

AoC without open-world PvP would be a huge disapointement. I doubt many cromlings would quest in PvP zones. I doubt many fury folks would either. Ambushed while questing ? Teleport in PvE zone instead of maning up, calling friends and kicking the gankers arse !

If such single server tech there is... forget current Fury pvp ruleset and take the B&G ruleset.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Separating zones in pve and PvP is the worst idea I ever heard. If going into 1 single server tech chars should be bound to a ruleset either PvP or pve

One server with a pvp flag system where players can choose to be open world pvp enabled, with a few hour cooldown on switching it off, would be best. Players are spread too thin across pvp and pve servers, merge them into one.

For single server: I like the idea of choices, when entering zone, to be increased by adding a PvP and a PvP epic.

However , whats the attraction beyond PvP ? Wont those new PvP option instances be rarely frequented ?

Maybe make the PvE a we bit easier (than PvE equivalents) and add rewards Similar to mini games???

Also, I think coding different instances maybe easier to program and implement than a flagging system - but that's just 2 my coppers.

flagging system would have its own problems. for instance you are red flagged (pvp) and meet someone blue flagged. In that moment you can't attack him but he can at will by just flagging off anytime. he is clearly advantaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    AoC without open-world PvP would be a huge disapointement. I doubt many cromlings would quest in PvP zones. I doubt many fury folks would either. Ambushed while questing ? Teleport in PvE zone instead of maning up, calling friends and kicking the gankers arse !

If such single server tech there is... forget current Fury pvp ruleset and take the B&G ruleset.
    Agree, you have to choose. When you choose PvP rule set sometimes you are prey when questing, sometimes you are the hunter. If you like PvP this is what brings excitement.
    People like to take but not share. So most would choose pve rule set when they go questing.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    Separating zones in pve and PvP is the worst idea I ever heard. If going into 1 single server tech chars should be bound to a ruleset either PvP or pve
    I totally agree.

In addition though, there should be a fairly time consuming quest chain that would change what you are bound to (PVP or PVE). This prevents you from being absolutely locked into PVP or PVE, but doesn't let you change at the drop of hat either.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    flagging system would have its own problems. for instance you are red flagged (pvp) and meet someone blue flagged. In that moment you can't attack him but he can at will by just flagging off anytime. he is clearly advantaged.
    Even if he couldn't just go red at anytime, I still think it would be a mistake. A zone instance must either be PVP or PVE, not a mix.

If you are in a PVP zone then you must be vulnerable to attack and not be able to stand around like a god, or interfere by dragging NPC's into duels, or stand in the middle of fights (possibly blocking one of them) etc.
    Last edited by RentonsHouse; 6th March 2013 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by RentonsHouse View Post
    Even if he couldn't just go red at anytime, I still think it would be a mistake. A zone instance must either be PVP or PVE, not a mix.

If you are in a PVP zone then you must be vulnerable to attack and not be able to stand around like a god, or interfere by dragging NPC's into duels, or stand in the middle of fights (possibly blocking one of them) etc.
    I think it would be more like logging into your dimension in a "mode", like entering the game with your char in either PvE, PvP or Blood and Glory mode?

Flagging is pretty lame and immersion breaking

Biggest Obstacle in PvP is that Combos can miss

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast