Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merge all servers and create PvP instances

Default Merge all servers and create PvP instances

We've been recommending this on the US forums for years now, but all those old threads are gone, so here it is again.

1. Merge all the servers, US & EU

2. Create PvP instances where there are no guards, much like you've got Normal & Epic instances. Treat it like the instance choices currently available in old world zones. Every time you zone, you get to choose: PvE, Epic, PvP.

3. Increase the PvP rewards in the PvP instance so that open world PvP becomes attractive over mini-games. Mini-games are fun, but we've been playing the same maps for far too long.

Offer up any other suggestions here, but at a minimum these 3 steps must be done.

ad.1)

What´s new about it, they are already working on single server tech. Can´t wait for it, it rocks in TSW

They've been working on single server tech for over a year now. The solution proposed in this thread is already built into the game. Expanding instancing from the old world would be a quicker, more elegant solution than writing hundreds or thousands of lines of code to make single server work 2 years from now, when there won't be many left playing.

Single server tech? When? We don't even know if they're anywhere close to having it ready for release implementation in AoC. It should be here already. I wonder what a realistic timeline looks like for its release now.

I just wanna kill people....... I don't care where or how.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

As a reminder, if you think there is a guide, a post or a screenshot or something similar that should still be available for further discussions also on these new forums, feel free to copy it over from the archives. Please be aware though that if such copied-over content is seen as unnecessary or is against the forum rules, we keep the right to remove them. Just like with any new post or thread started on the forums.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by flatscan View Post
    We've been recommending this on the US forums for years now, but all those old threads are gone, so here it is again.

1. Merge all the servers, US & EU

2. Create PvP instances where there are no guards, much like you've got Normal & Epic instances. Treat it like the instance choices currently available in old world zones. Every time you zone, you get to choose: PvE, Epic, PvP.

3. Increase the PvP rewards in the PvP instance so that open world PvP becomes attractive over mini-games. Mini-games are fun, but we've been playing the same maps for far too long.

Offer up any other suggestions here, but at a minimum these 3 steps must be done.
    i also think in those pvp instances there should be the bodypart pyre system.

althought not interely bad but i found annoying in lowbie isntances that lvl80's would come and farm lowbies, sure was fun owning them but that was before aa's with aa's its impossible for a lowbie to kill a lvl80 unless hes afk.
    in light of that maybe would be fiting if those pvp areas where lvl capped so for example you could only enter fod pvp bettwen lvl's 38-50.
    other instances following same logic of capped lvl's for entry, reminding this already in place in tortage where lvl25 is max lvl allowed inside open areas.

if full merge isnt possible i think at least 1 cimerian end comon to all servers would be great to have
    Last edited by noite80; 5th March 2013 at 17:46.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

We're *looking into* single server tech. The coders are going to give me an estimate of the work required to get it working on AoC.

If I feel that is unacceptable in terms of time frame, we will talk about server merges and /or PvP instances (though from a technical standpoint I have no idea if that is even possible and I am very skeptical that it is).

all I heard is from this livestream about dragon spine

http://youtu.be/gpP6JIH42Is

they said all the grouping tools waited for coming with single server tech and the way grouping works to change (group finder for quests, dungeons..)
    perhaps changing own rulesets PvE/PvP and other cool features.

server merge, what is the difference?

Megaserver is the future. I think in another 5 years people will just laugh at any MMO that still uses sharding.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast