Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Conan-2014 Movie Arnold Returns!

Legolas what do your Elf eyes see?

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    I see its going to be a s*h*i*t awful waste of time and money

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    Here is the question though, who could pull off a Conan at the height of his power today?
    Is there any actor out there built like a frigging tank that actually can act as well?

Browsing around a little and i saw some suggest Paul Telfer, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1533208/?ref_=sr_1
    Others suggested Daniel Cudmore http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1214436/?ref_=sr_1

Would we accept a more wiry looking Conan like, say Gerard Butler. (I am not suggesting him, just the name i thought of first as a wiry sword wielder)

Anyways, who could do it?
    There is a TV series called Spartacus. Lots of actors required to run around in loin cloths look the part and act. The talent required is out there they just have to be willing to go with that slightly more unknown actor rather than trying to pick a name that they think will sell the movie rather than selling the movie because "insert name" actor is in it.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2541974/?ref_=sr_1 Jai Courtney (I first saw him in Spartacus) and his name will be getting some more credibility as well pending the release of the new Die Hard movie, he's a solid actor and wouldn't look out of place as Conan... but this is only a suggestion and my own opinion.

All of those guys are pretty boy metrosexuals who look like they care about their hair Alot and use moisturiser.

Arnie didn't, that's why he's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Getting an actor for the lead role with more talent and having a story that is remotely interesting and goes somewhere before the movie ends would help too.
    Unfortunately the 2011 movie was not as good as expected. Hoping for a real reboot with Arnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    Here is the question though, who could pull off a Conan at the height of his power today?
    Is there any actor out there built like a frigging tank that actually can act as well?

Browsing around a little and i saw some suggest Paul Telfer, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1533208/?ref_=sr_1
    Others suggested Daniel Cudmore http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1214436/?ref_=sr_1

Would we accept a more wiry looking Conan like, say Gerard Butler. (I am not suggesting him, just the name i thought of first as a wiry sword wielder)

Anyways, who could do it?
    Nobody, they should do what they did in the first place and cast unknowns for the look. The only really famous person in the first movie was Max Van Sydo whatever, the rest of them were a hodgepodge: A football player, one of Arnolds lifting buddies, a surfer, a foreign model, the producers daughter...

It worked for the first movie and it was great.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    ..It worked for the first movie and it was great.
    It worked due to Conan being Mr Universe for 7 years and a big bulging sack of muscles with an Uber accent and bulging eyes. Just remember "Crraaaam, I haf never prayed to you before ..."

And it was campy .. silly music, silly accents, just silly and comic book action. Momoa was too serious to work, Conan is not a very serious character, is a bit dim so needs to be a bit funny.
    Last edited by Invino; 8th March 2013 at 08:26.

I just watched the '2011' Conan the barbarian movie.

Surprisingly enough, Jason Momoa is quite good. It's the movie that sucks, and in so many ways, that I'll not even bother to list them all.
    A shame, because there were some good elements thrown in it, but the whole thing is just a pain to go through.

Let's hope that Arnie will get things straight for the next iteration. The Conan verse deserves it.
    ~ Cimmeria, land of Darkness and deep Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lego View Post
    I just watched the '2011' Conan the barbarian movie.

Surprisingly enough, Jason Momoa is quite good. It's the movie that sucks, and in so many ways, that I'll not even bother to list them all.
    A shame, because there were some good elements thrown in it, but the whole thing is just a pain to go through.

Let's hope that Arnie will get things straight for the next iteration. The Conan verse deserves it.
    I am bothered about how small Momoa was in that movie.I am not saying that every Conan must be like Arnold, but Momoa got smacked around but EVERYONE in that movie and that never happened to Conan in books. In the stories worst case scenario: Conan's strenght was matched and that was rare.

He didn't have the bulk for the role and I think he was over-acting, trying to do that crappy "Batman voice" to sound tougher. I can understand that he wanted to make the character "tougher", but Carl Urban in Judge Dredd did it right without overacting.

We shall see.

p.s the script was horrid! Everyone: give the damn Acheron a rest already!!!
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I am bothered about how small Momoa was in that movie.I am not saying that every Conan must be like Arnold, but Momoa got smacked around but EVERYONE in that movie and that never happened to Conan in books. In the stories worst case scenario: Conan's strenght was matched and that was rare.

He didn't have the bulk for the role and I think he was over-acting, trying to do that crappy "Batman voice" to sound tougher. I can understand that he wanted to make the character "tougher", but Carl Urban in Judge Dredd did it right without overacting.

We shall see.

p.s the script was horrid! Everyone: give the damn Acheron a rest already!!!
    The german guy who played Conan on the sh!t 10 episode TV series had the right look, but his acting was terrible.

It came on at 2:00 am after the Xena reruns back in 2001 or something. Most of the girls who were casted were all soft-core stars too lol
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Nobody, they should do what they did in the first place and cast unknowns for the look. The only really famous person in the first movie was Max Van Sydo whatever, the rest of them were a hodgepodge: A football player, one of Arnolds lifting buddies, a surfer, a foreign model, the producers daughter...

It worked for the first movie and it was great.
    James Earl Jones......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast