~

It has come to my attention that your inheritance now includes a page from a rare tome, The Long Night of Lost Souls. The ancient parchment is fragile and, if left unclaimed, will most certainly disintegrate to dust. This is your best course of action.

I fear the warning I am about to pen will only tickle your curiosity further, but I write it anyway: do not claim this page. It is mortally dangerous. The book is said to bring untold suffering to all who read from it, even a single word opens the reader to contact with the restless dead and eldritch truths best left forgot. Please, do not put yourself at greater risk. Moldy superstitions aside, the scribbling of dark sorcerers are not the best reading on a bright afternoon - let alone this dim-dark time of year.

However, if you ignore this warning and claim the cursed inheritance, it is in your best interest to dispose of the page immediately. Do not read it. By the gods, do not try to puzzle out the meaning of the crazed 'prophecies'. Obsessions over ancient prophecies have cost me too many friends already.

From Myrina, Librarian of Old Tarantia

~